Upcycling is such a fun fad right now, and I couldn't resist incorporating an old vinyl LP into this cute little mini album. This is a modified paper bag album and has all sorts of nooks and crannies for you to tuck mementos and treasures into. With Father's Day coming up, this would be a cool gift to make for the man in your life. It goes without saying that this style of album can be adapted to fit any occasion that you might have in mind.
This project is packed full of techniques using tons of Tim Holtz products. The photos don't do it justice, so next time you are by the store, come on in and take a look at the class sample.
PLEASE NOTE: You will be required to purchase a Tim Holtz Idea-ology Paper Stash 8x8 Collage pad [$9.99] for the class (sale priced at $6.99 for class participants). If you have another paper pad that you wish to use, feel free to bring it instead.
Gina is working on putting together a couple of kit options, for the students who wish to have ALL the paints, stains, pens etc. used, at a great discount. More information to follow, stay tuned!
Dates: Saturday May 4, 2013 6:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.
or Sunday May 5, 2013 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m.
More classes will be added at a later date if enough interest is indicated
Supplies to bring:
- Basic tool kit, including pencil, eraser, ruler, scissors, tweezers, bone folder, liquid glue [ie. Mono Multi], 1/4" or 1/2" Be Creative Tape, a big Black Sharpie [or "chunky" permanent marker], glue dots, pop dots
- Baby wipes, paper towel, and a couple of rags -- we will be getting inky and painty! [Latex gloves are recommended if you want to save your manicure]
- Ink blending tool with 4-5 foams
- Tim Holtz Distress Ink Brushed Corduroy
- Markers or pencil crayons to colour the image on the album front. The Distress Markers I used on the sample are listed below, but you may bring whatever you wish to use.
- Mini Mister & Water brush pen [if you are water colouring the stamped images]
Recommended to bring: [These are items that IF you should have them, please bring them.]- Non stick craft mat
- Tim Holtz Distress Inks Broken China, Iced Spruce & Walnut Stain
- Tim Holtz Distress Paint Forest Moss, Peeled Paint, Salty Ocean & Broken China
- Adirondack Paint Dabber Juniper, Gold, Pitch Black
- Tim Holtz Distress Stains Brushed Corduroy & Iced Spruce
- Distress Markers Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Broken China, Tumbled Glass, Peeled Paint, Crushed Olive, Old Paper, Rusty Hinge, Tea Dye, Wild Honey, Vintage Photo, Brushed Corduroy & Pumice Stone
- Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks Gold, Pitch Black, Stonewashed & Rust
- Tim Holtz Alcohol Blending Solution
- felts for your ink applicator tool
- Small palette knife
- Crop-o-dile, or standard hole punch